Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

My trip to the Botanical Gardens

          The Botanical Gardens

I had butterflies in my tummy once I arrived at the Botanical Gardens. I was wandering around with my class room until we saw this beautiful Kereru wandering around a puriri tree. Once I caught it eating some berries. The Kereru's feathers looked so pretty. When we went in the potters childrens garden. I saw lots of flowers and things to play on. The first thing I went to play is the tunnel. The tunnel was pretty smelly. After that we went to the jungle. The jungle had misty water spraying around everywhere. It felt so nice that you would have a shower there. Next I was thirsty so I had a really long drink. After a few hours we all climbed rocks and took a picture. Some rocks looked so nice. After that Sarah took us at the spooky looking forest. When we where walking I heard some birds chirping. Next Sarah gave us the mirrors to look at. We had to put the mirror on top of our nose and we had to look down to see some trees. When I had a turn I saw some cool leaves on some branches. After we got some magnifying glasses. We did not know how to use it. We were saying how do we use it the whole time. Next Sarah showed us she said pick some thing up from the floor. We picked up some leaves and we saw what was on it. I picked one up and it was dirty when I saw what dirty stuff was on it. I was so surprised  how many germs were on the leaf. We went to have our lunch so we felt so tired and we had a rest on some chairs.           

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the Botanical Gardens, why did you have butterflies when you firsted arrived?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great descriptive writing Zahra! The mist in the jungle made my glasses wet.

    ReplyDelete